We are closely monitoring the ongoing situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and realize how concerning the outbreak is for Residents, their loved ones, Team Members and vendors. We are being proactive and diligent in our efforts to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our community.
Heritage on the Marina continues to take every precaution necessary to protect our Residents and Team from the Coronavirus infection. This includes all federal, state, and local guidelines and restrictions, as well as any additional actions recommended by our Infection Preventionist Nurse and Healthcare Team.
As of October 27th, we are reporting the following confirmed cases in our community:
Health Center/Skilled Nursing Team Members: 0
The last confirmed case was reported in June 2020.
Health Center Vendors/Contractors: 0
The last confirmed case was reported on November 25th, 2020.
Health Center/Skilled Nursing Residents: 0
The last confirmed case was reported in April 2020.
Independent/Assisted Living Team Members: 0
The last confirmed case was reported on August 21st, 2021.
Independent/Assisted Living Residents: 0
The last confirmed case was reported on August 4th, 2021.
What Heritage on the Marina is doing:
- Observing guidance provided by CDSS, CDC, CDPH, SFDPH and other agencies.
- Guest Policy: Vendors and visitors must make a reservation using our calendar link below a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- FULLY VACCINATED Visitors (14 days after the second Pfizer/Moderna injection or 14 days after the Johnson & Johnson vaccination) traveling from more than 120 miles outside of San Francisco DO NOT need to quarantine, however must comply with all of our health and safety protocols.
- UNVACCINATED Visitors must show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the date of their scheduled visit, no exceptions.
- Visitors who have NOT BEEN VACCINATED AND are traveling from more than 120 miles outside of San Francisco MUST quarantine for 10 days prior to visiting with a Resident or Team Member. We cannot make any exceptions.
- For Outdoor Visitation, there is a limit of 2 guests (adults AND children ages 12 years+) during a single visit. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance by visiting https://calendly.com/heritageonthemarina.
- For Indoor Visitation, there is a limit of 1 guest (adults AND children ages 12 years+) in a Resident’s Apartment or 2 guests in a designated common area, during a single visit. If the Resident has a large apartment, which can safely accommodate 2 guests while adhering to the social distancing guidelines, this may be permitted on request. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance by visiting https://calendly.com/heritageonthemarina.
- No individual is allowed into the Community or on our Campus if they have had a recent fever, cough and/or symptoms of respiratory illness. In addition, individuals will be restricted from entering our community if they have personally traveled to countries within the Level 2 or Level 3 virus spread or have been in contact with those who have.
- ALL Residents are being screened twice a day.
- ALL Team Members are being screened once a day.
- Unvaccinated Team Members must wear fitted N-95 masks and will undergo COVID-19 testing twice a week.
- ALL Team Members are required to wear masks and/or additional PPE during their shifts.
- ALL Residents are must wear face coverings (i.e. masks, bandanas, scarfs, etc.) when leaving their apartments or rooms, and while walking around the premises.
- ALL Residents are highly encouraged to wear protective equipment, specifically masks (and gloves in some cases), when leaving the campus.
- Outdoor Activities have resumed, with limited indoor options.
- Our Dining Room is available for existing Residents only. Guests are not permitted in the Dining Room at this time.
- We are using technology, printed memos, and our In-House TV channel for regular updates.
- We are emphasizing to Residents and Team the necessity to self-isolate if they have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Our Team Members are committed to staying home if they have flu-like symptoms. Clearance from a medical professional is required before team members can return to work.
- Our Executive Team is regularly reviewing our infection control protocols and ensuring our community is fully prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Our Team is keeping stock of medical supplies and sanitizing agents/products. The Housekeeping Team is spending additional time wiping down surfaces with proper cleaning agents.
- Our Team is actively tracking the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the California Department of Public Health.
- We are closely following health guidelines and recommendations from the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
- Everyone is encouraged to respectfully (and immediately) say something if they encounter any individual who appears to have symptoms and is in a public area.
We appreciate all that friends and family members have done to keep our Residents safe, and we recognize the emotional toll separation like this can take. Thankfully, we have technology to fill the gap, and our Residents have been using Zoom, Skype, FaceTime and other programs to keep in touch with their loved ones in lieu of an in-person visit when appropriate. We are doing our best to keep Residents active and engaged during from the comfort of our community.
The health and safety of Residents, Team Members, and all Visitors are our priority. We will keep our communication lines open as we have more information. Thank you all for your cooperation and efforts. For any other questions, comments, or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.